Being the self-development junkie that I am, I can’t even begin to completely describe the sense of renewness and possibilities that fills me when several anticipated books arrive to my condo at the same time. And in this past week, three new books arrived that really spoke to me that I’ll be reading after I finish with Happy Belly.
Of course, you may recognize some of the names of the authors of who I’ve mentioned before, some of my mentors and teachers. I’m thrilled to share my mentors’ books with you, as I always appreciate their thought-provoking and empowering strategies that have shifted me out of fear and into heart-centered living many times over!
By any chance, have you decided yet on a theme or focus for this year? For me, my focus will be more on the practice of surrendering my fears and what I can’t control. Honestly, I see this practice as something to come back to every time I go down that path of if-then scenarios.
The if-then one that comes up for me often is…If this doesn’t happen sooner, then when will everything else happen? As if everything in my life is dependent on one single outcome, one single decision, one single action. Hello, it’s not. And thank goodness.
Every time I’m triggered into fear or not loving the moment I’m experiencing, I recognize it, interrupt my thought pattern, and tell myself,
“I choose to show up differently. This moment doesn’t define me.
It’s not my time to worry about everything else right now.
That’s a distraction away from what this moment right here is all about.”
I commit and recommit (as many times as necessary when I fall out of practice) to doing the work rather than reading all about it. Because what I’ve come to appreciate is flowing more, allowing what will be, rather than forcing the timing of what I desire, and knowing this approach will actually bring it towards me.
When we resist what is happening, we create such unnecessary stress and worry for ourselves. When we attempt to overlook our fears, rather than face and feel them to move pass them, we block what we desire from reaching us.
So whether you’re looking for a different approach related to your health, career, love, relationships, living out your purpose in life, conquering your fears, you just may very well find the right book for you in the list below.
Sharing only what I read, recommend, and gift to the dearest people in my life.
2015 C&R Self Must Read / Change Your Life List:
• Happy Belly: A Woman’s Guide to Feeling Vibrant, Light, and Balanced by Nadya Andreeva (reading now)
• Woman, Food, & Desires: Embrace Your Cravings, Make Peace with Food, Reclaim Your Body by Alexandra Jamieson
• Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind by Candice Kumai (creative green juices and protein smoothies that I love!)
• Expectation Hangovers: Overcoming Disappointment in Work, Love, and Life by Christine Hassler
• The Fear Cure: Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul by Lissa Rankin, MD
• Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message by Tara Mohr
• Sacred Success: A Course in Financial Success by Barbara Stanny
• Friends Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of Girlfriends by Shasta Nelson
• Miracles Now: 108 Life-Changing Tools for Less Stress, More Flow, and Finding Your True Purpose by Gabrielle Bernstein (daily/weekly morning practice focus on one)
• The Daily Love: Growing into Grace by Mastin Kipp
May you feel and face your fears. May your release what you can’t control. May you show up, commit, and recommit as often as you need to, so that living heart-centered life becomes your daily practice. Namaste loves!
* * * * * *
Sarina is currently working on her first book, Courageous & Remarkable Self: How to Take Risks, Live More Intentionally, and Travel the World Fearlessly.
Did this blog article resonate with you? Then like it, share it, and/or comment below. I personally respond to all comments on the blog. Also, be sure to Join the Courageous & Remarkable Self Movement–it’s FREE! Sign up to make sure you’re first to know about updates and C&R Self strategies. Also, be one of the first to get the Fearless World Traveler Checklist (free gift!) that I’m creating especially for you, Courageous & Remarkable One!
Thank-you for being part of the C&R Self community by reading and sharing your thoughts. I honor you. Namaste!
Let's stay connected!
Join the Courageous & Remarkable Self Movement.
So I can keep supporting you!